Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Paneer Jalfrezi

It has been a long and tiring day. 7pm and I needed something quick for dinner. I had paneer in the refrigerator as well as multi colored bell peppers. I decided to make paneer jalfrezi restaurant style. I julienned the paneer and bell pepper instead of cutting it into cubes. I did not have the energy to make poli (phulka) so I served it with hot brown rice. It went very well with rice.


You will need
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
1 serrano pepper, deseeded and minced
1 tsp. turmeric powder
3 tomatoes, pureed
6 oz. paneer, julienned
1/2 green bell pepper, julienned
1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
1 tomato, julienned
salt to taste

Heat olive oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they sizzle add the onion and let it brown for about 5 minutes.


Add the ginger garlic paste and serrano pepper. Let it cook for a minute.


Add the tomato puree, bell peppers and turmeric powder. Let it cook for a couple minutes.


Add the paneer and salt to taste. Mix it all well and let it cook for another 5 minutes.


Turn off heat and serve hot with rice or poli (phulka).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.