Monday, January 20, 2014

Pumpkin Muffins

As a child I did not like pumpkin at all. I do not believe I would have even tried these pumpkin muffins back then. I love them now even though I would rather not eat pumpkin in savory dishes.

I am submitting this dish to 2014 52 week challenge for the theme Ingredient you Hated as a child.


The pumpkin makes the muffins soft and moist on the inside. I cut down on the sugar so they can be used as breakfast muffins. If you like sweet muffins increase the amount of sugar.

You will need
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. cinnamon powder
2 tsp. ginger powder
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp. melted butter
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 12 muffin baking tray and keep aside. In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients, first 7 on the list, and mix together.


In another bowl mix the rest of the ingredients. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time.


Mix together to form a thick batter.


Fill the muffin tray with the batter.


Bake for 15-16 minutes. Let it cool for a couple minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before storing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.