Friday, March 14, 2014

Honey Citrus Salad Dressing

For March’s Daring Cooks’ Challenge, Ruth, Shelley and Sawsan asked us to totally veg out! We made salads and dressings, letting the sky be the limit as we created new flavors and combinations that reflect our own unique tastes.


This challenge stumped me. In my kitchen vegetables are king but I never make the traditional continental/American salads. The problem is I like salads with lots of dressing and the salad dressing is mostly unhealthy. After giving it a lot of thought I decided to go with a fruit salad dressing. Though this dressing was tasty I would prefer to have my fruit salad with custard.

You will need
1/2 lemon
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 orange
2 tbsp. mango juice
1 tbsp. apple juice
lemon zest

In a bowl mix together the honey and the lemon until the honey dissolves.


In a salad dressing flask combine all the ingredients and shake to mix together.


Pour over a fruit medley of strawberries, grapes, cubed pineapple and blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.