Friday, February 5, 2016

Baked Cauliflower Florets

Roasted cauliflower florets make a great snack. I usually put whatever flavors I have on hand. Sprinkle a little cheese and bake just long enough to melt it.


Today I had very few florets of cauliflower in the refrigerator, not enough to make any of my usual favorites. I was baking crackers so I decided to bake the florets as well.

You will need (1 serving)
1/2 a cauliflower separated into florets
1 tsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
your choice of spices (I used cumin and coriander powder)
sharp cheddar cheese to taste

Preheat oven to 375 F. Sprinkle olive, salt and pepper on the cauliflower florets. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes until cooked but not mushy. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients and bake for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.


Enjoy!





Sending this recipe to the Valli's Kids's delight event for baked snacks hosted by PJ.





This is my entry for week one, day three of BM #61 for the theme Cookies. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#61.

13 comments:

  1. Love this kind of baked vegetable, guilt free cauliflower florets to have anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried cauliflower and cheese...sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried baking only cauliflower and it has been on my to bake list for sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baked cauliflower with cheese sounds mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recently tried baked cauliflower, but the marinade had yogurt with spices. And an overnight wait before baking. Will keep this version in mind for immediate bakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guilt free snack,one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veggies baked with cheese is awesome. Love cauliflower and broccoli this way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baking cauliflower is something that I started doing recently and it is probably my most favorite way to cook it. Love your simple and delicious recipe with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and it is so simple to make. The whole cauliflower just disappears in minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved these baked ones when I had done couple of weeks back..good one varada..I enjoy reading your baked vegetable dishes..

    ReplyDelete
  11. simple, yummy and guiltfree ! I make this too, perfect with a bowl of hot dal ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I often make this or with broccoli - so simple yet delciious

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.