Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes and potato salads are a favorite in my house. My daughter loves potatoes. When I decided to make a classic burger meal I had to include mashed potatoes as a side. This is the simplest most basic mashed potato. I have another creamier version here that I make every year for Thanksgiving.


I used just one medium sized potato but you can increase the quantity by doubling the amounts.

You will need
1 medium yukon or similar potato
1 tbsp. cream
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. milk
salt and pepper to taste

Wash, peel, cut the potato into quarters and place in a pan. Add water to just over the top and bring it to a boil. Never add potatoes to boiling water, always heat the water with the potatoes in it for evenly cooked potatoes. When the potato is fork tender drain the water and return the potatoes to the pan. Add the cream and butter. Mash the potato with a spoon if you like it chunky. Use a masher if you like it creamy and smooth. Add in the milk and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until just combined. Potatoes tend to get gluey if over mixed. Mashed potatoes are done!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.