Monday, September 1, 2014

Erdäpfelknödel (Potato Dumpling)

The vast array of Austrian dumplings is astounding. As a quick and easy side dish Austrian potato dumplings are hard to beat. They are tasty without overpowering the meal.


Recipe adapted from here
You will need for 8 dumplings
2 medium potatoes
100 gm flour
35 gm semolina
20 gm butter
1/2 an egg (I used the other half for spinach dumplings)
nutmeg
salt

Boil the potatoes. Peel and run them through a shredder. Combine with all the other ingredients. Make 8 bite size dumplings.


Boil water in a pan and add some salt. Add the dumplings to the boiling and cook for about 10 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. Loving all the dumpling you made for Austria. Nice spread of dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never took efforts to go through the country, you have really got us so much know !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple recipe !Never knew about these until now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I was expecting frying. Looks like this is my kind of a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so soft & yummy!! Potato lovers dream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dumpling is in my to do list, now am tempted to give a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dumpling recipes sound great, again I would get stuck with egg...it might fall apart without it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.