Zucchini Soup

We all love soups on cold winter days. It is especially welcome when you return to the cold weather after spending a few days by the beach. It is also very welcome when your blender does all the work for you. I present today a recipe for Zucchini soup make in my blender, something I have wanted to try for a while now.


I have a Vitamix blender that has an option for soups. Add the liquids followed by the solids and blend. Hot soup is ready in 5-6 minutes. For some reason I had never tried soups in the blender. I tried smoothies but when it came to soups I made them on the stove top. After today that will definitely change.



In this recipe addition of other vegetables will make the soup thicker in consistency. If you like it creamy increase the amount of cream. My primary goal was something warm and light, so I kept the soup a runny consistency and added a little cashew paste to make it creamy.

You will need (3 servings)
2 cups vegetable stock
Cashew paste (Soak 10 cashews in 1/2 cup water, blend to a paste separately)
2 zucchini (about 3 1/2 cups)
1 red bell pepper (optional)
1 baked/boiled potato (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Add to the blender in the order given. Run the blender for 5-6 minutes until steam can be seen coming out the vented lid.



Enjoy!



Comments

  1. What a vibrant green smoothie. Looks amazing. I've made zucchini soup years ago and didn't really like it. Your clicks are tempting me to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wat a catchy soup, looks ultimate, wish i get a bowl of this soup rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the gorgeous color - must taste awesome too

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful color you have there. Makes it very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice color you have got there.Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome colour of the soup ! must try with maybe spinach and peas combo ! v

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Vitamix to make soups regularly. But some vegetables retain the raw taste and so I end up simmering it again on the stove. But Zucchini soup looks vibrant and tempting. Shall give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a light and vibrantly colorful soup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colour and wonderful click Varada

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.