Potato Sarladaise

Potatoes are a huge favorite in my house. My daughter loves them in all shapes and form so I am always trying out new things to do with potatoes. This one is a French classic and popular as street food. It has three main ingredients, potatoes, garlic and fat. I used olive oil as the fat. The recipe I used as a guide is here.


I made these as a backup side when I was experimenting with another recipe. I knew my daughter would love these and she was visiting from college. Not only did she love it, she asked if there was more that she could take with her to her dorm. I actually made a second batch so she could have some to take with her.

You will need (for 2 servings)
2 medium potatoes
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/4 onion
2-3 springs cilantro (you could use parsley)
salt to taste

Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into thin circles or semi-circles. Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced potatoes. Sprinkle salt to taste. Cook until tender. In the meantime, peel and crush the clove of garlic. Dice the onion. Wash and mince the cilantro. Add the onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan of potatoes. Saute until the onions are cooked through. Turn off heat.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Simple, yet flavorful potato side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice simple way of making potatoes. My daughter will surely love this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter too loves to take it in her tiffin when it's her potato day... Don't know French have taken this recipe from us or we have taken from them..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making these right away..they sound so flavorful..my favorite potatoes !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess potato lovers will love this, sounds so simple and easy to make..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our favourite potato sarladaise, love it to the core.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family would love this simple potato dish. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will love this potato quite similar to kachraya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.