Paneer Pesto Stuffed Monkey Bread / Pull Apart Bread

I wanted to use my sourdough starter and I had paneer that I needed to use up. This bread is what I came up with. I have made stuffed buns before but this time I decided to to something different. I have a version of monkey bread here but it is not stuffed.


You will need (12 small buns)
For the Dough
200 gm white whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur)
130 gm water
100 gm fed sourdough starter
6 gm salt

For the filling
3 1/2 oz paneer
1/4 cup pesto sauce
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. butter, melted at room temperature
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Mix the ingredients for the dough and keep aside, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover, stretch and fold the dough over itself. Turn and repeat until you have gone all around the bowl. Cover and keep aside for another 15 minutes. Repeat the stretch and fold method another 2-3 times. Then let the dough rise for 2-5 hours depending upon the season. In very warm weather you might want to keep the dough in the refrigerator.

Shred the paneer and saute over a little of the oil. When partially cooked, take it off the heat, and keep it on a paper towel to remove the moisture. Combine with the pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep aside until needed. In a separate bowl mix the oil, butter and the spices. Keep aside.


Transfer the risen dough to a working surface. Divide into equal portions.


Flatten one of the portion of dough and place a tablespoon of filling in it.



Bring the sides over the top and press together.


Form a ball with the filling inside.


Brush with the oil butter mixture. Place it in a bowl. Repeat for all the portions of dough. Keep aside until the oven is preheated. Preheat the oven at 400 F. Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes or until the top is browned.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Wow..another delicious bread from the bread queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful stuffing idea. love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Monkey breads and this one looks so yummy! Awesome recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paneer and pesto in bread...totally a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I would love that bread Varada, your sourdough starter interests me much..wish I could try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that paneer and pesto stuffing. Monkey bread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow sounds yum. Ia m new to monkey breads and must say they are interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a fabulous stuffing, cant wait to give a try soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.