Coleslaw

Coleslaw is a very basic salad with few ingredients. It is near impossible to get this recipe wrong. It is also the first salad I tried in a restaurant and loved as a child. I have always loved the chilled crispy cabbage with the flavorful dressing. The little pieces of carrot peeking through an otherwise white salad. I like the slaw a little dry and not loaded with dressing. My daughter adores this salad too.


Last month I realized I did not have this recipe on my blog and decided to set things right. My daughter wanted to try it so we bought the cabbage and I waited. She got busy and the cabbage was used up for some other recipe. I shredded some more cabbage and waited for her to make the coleslaw. Finally this afternoon she brought out the mayo and other ingredients and we put this together. I am happy. I finally have coleslaw on this space. We enjoyed this salad with our dinner.

You will need
2 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/4 of a large cabbage)
1/2 carrot shredded
1/4 cup mayonnaise
juice of 1/2 a lime
salt and pepper to taste

Combine the last four ingredients and whisk until smooth. Mix in the shredded cabbage and carrot. Chill before serving.



Enjoy!


Comments

  1. all time favourite of ours! we even put this as a base in our sandwich. we add a bit of greek yoghurt to cut out some mayo! i love urs! nice n simple varada !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost the first salad I sort of tasted when we had visited pizza hut many years ago when it was opened here..love that creamy texture with crunchy cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coleslaw works well with all dishes and meals. Glad you remedied the absence of this classic dish on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a hit salad and served in the side with many dishes . Good one Varada , the salad looks nice and creamy .

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic salad for sure. My husband lived on it in his bachelor days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This creamy and crunchy salad is everyone's favorite. The best part is the ease with which it can be made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone's favourite at home. Simply love this crunchy salad anytime of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coleslaw taste great, It is the first salad I had tried long back. It is also a great filling for no cook sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The salad bowl looks absolutely yum and recipe sounds so simple. Surprisingly I haven't tried coleslaw yet..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome salad recipe.. perfect for anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coleslaw used to be my favorite salad but I do not know why I stopped making it. Your post reminded me of making it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.