Cucumber Raita

Cucumber Raita has to be the easiest recipe. It is perfect during the summer heat.


This raita is a little different from a cucumber koshimbir. The raita has more yogurt than solids and is better served as a side for rice based dishes. A koshimbir works well as a side to poli or Indian flatbread. In Maharashtra koshimbir can be made with or without yogurt. I tried to find the link to the yogurt based cucumber koshimbir and realized I do not have one on this space. Have to fix that soon. This is the Khamang kakdi another traditional salad made with cucumber.


My daughter loves to have a lot of raita on the rice. Adjust quantity per serving based on how much raita you like with your rice.

You will need (4-6 servings)
2 cups yogurt, do not use Greek yogurt
1 cucumber, diced fine
4-5 sprigs cilantro, minced
1/4 tsp. roasted cumin powder
1/4 tsp. paprika or red chili pepper powder
salt to taste

In a bowl whisk the yogurt till smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix together. Adjust salt and heat based on taste preferences.


Enjoy!




Comments

  1. I guess we share so many of our regular dishes that at times we forget that those very common ones are missed out. this is a family favorite too and we make it during summer a lot. Looks very creamy and good Varada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We even add some grated cucumber to the regular onion raitha which adds a nice chillness to it. Making the raitha with just cucumber is great. That would make a wonderful side dish for biryanis and pulaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cucumber raita is a must if am making briyani especially for our Sunday lunch. Prefect summer dish as well. Your raita looks super creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could live with this raitha. Love it and I make it regularly just for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the commonly formed trait after boondi raita in my family during summers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This raita is a great side dish anytime with stuff parathas. Looking so creamy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite raita of all time, I also add some dried mint leaves too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cucumber raita looks so inviting, perfect for summer season to beat the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's one of my favorite raita. Love the flavor of cumin in my cucumber raita and me also make the same way. Looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this basic raita looks so nice and creamy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always make this raita with any mixed rice or pulao. This is just the perfect side in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.