Fresh Vegetable Spring Rolls

Spring rolls is all forms have been on my list of recipes to try for the longest time. When my daughter was home for spring break we visited the Asian supermarket and brought home rice stick noodles and rice paper. For some reason it just sat in the pantry until she came home for summer.


Finally one evening, even though dinner had been cooked in the morning, I decided I was going to make the fresh spring rolls for a snack. I made a peanut dipping sauce to go with it.


My daughter loved the rolls so much she decided she would have them as dinner. The rolls are addictive and it is hard to stop after one. I am glad I am able to post these rolls to this space.

You will need (for 12 rolls)
12 rice paper wraps
nickel size bunch of rice stick noodles
1 carrot, shredded
a bunch of green leaves, I used kale
1/2 cup cabbage, shredded (I skipped this as I ran out)

Prep the vegetables. Boil water in a glass measuring cup or any microwave save bowl. Place the cup/bowl on the counter top. Add the rice stick noodles to the boiling water and let them cook. Stir them after every few minutes with a fork until they are tender and do not stick to each other. Pour out the hot water and rinse in a cold water bath. Drain and place in your assembly line.


Take a large plate or bowl with a flat bottom and fill it with an inch of water. Prepare a prepping area. I used my cutting board. You could use a plate. Place one of the rice papers in the plate until it is soft. Remove the paper from the water, Place for a few seconds on a paper towel to soak up the dripping water and place on your prepping area. Layer the filling and fold as in the pictures.






The roll is ready. Repeat the process for all the other rolls and serve with the dipping sauce.



Enjoy!







This is my entry for week three, day three of BM #90 for the theme Wraps and Rolls. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#90.

Comments

  1. I have been seeing this around... like that it is all raw and gets done quickly... looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one healthy and easy to make wrap..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! those rice wrappers look so tempting. No wonder your daughter loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had tried this spring rolls long time before and i loved it totally. It's such a easy and healthy recipe to put together, looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This surely looks so healthy Varada, I have done the deep fried versions a couple of times, never this fresh version...so good that your daughter enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually i want to prepare this spring rolls for this theme, but finally dropped it. And love this spring rolls with peanut sauce. Drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rice paper rolls and this version of spring rolls sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's so easy to make. No cooking involved...perfect for this hot summer

    ReplyDelete
  9. the peanut sauce must have brought these simple spring rolls over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it very difficult to work with rice paper rolls. These fresh veg spring rolls looks so yummy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.