This country loaf was the most popular bread before the baguette took over. It is making a comeback with the resurgence in artisan bread.
Bakers percentage for this bread
All purpose flour 90%
Whole wheat flour 10%
Water 78%
Leaven 20%
I mixed the dough in the afternoon. After about 5 hours of bulk fermentation I shaped it and put it in the refrigerator to proof overnight.
In the morning I baked it in the dutch oven at 475 F, covered for 25 minutes and uncovered for 15. I got great oven spring and a fairly open crumb. The bread was very soft and had great flavor. It was good enough to munch on its own or with some Brie.
That is a lovely bread! It turned out perfect, soft inside and crusty outside.
ReplyDeleteLooks so beautiful Varada and lovely color in the crust...
ReplyDeleteWow, that is such a simple bread with so much flavor. Love the texture as well.
ReplyDeleteWow the master bread baker!!.love the bresd looks really rustic.
ReplyDeleteBread looks amazing varada!!
ReplyDeleteBread is amazing Varada.
ReplyDelete