You will need
1 cup long grain rice (I used brown basmati rice)
1 medium tomato
2 tbsp. onion
1 jalapeno
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups vegetable stock
a few springs cilantro
salt to taste
Wash and rinse the rice and keep aside. Since I used brown rice I first soaked the rice for half an hour. Puree the tomato and onion. Mince the jalapeno and garlic. Heat oil in a pan. Add the jalapeno and garlic. When fragrant add the rice. Roast the rice until it turns color.
Add the tomato puree and stock. Add salt to taste.
Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook covered until done. Turn off the heat. Let it sit in its steam for a couple of minutes.
The rice is done.
Simple & flavorful Mexican rice.
ReplyDeleteFlavorful tomato rice
ReplyDeleteThat would be lovely with any curry...super recipes coming dear.
ReplyDeleteone of my faves
ReplyDelete