Pineapple Mousse

With summer right around the corner all the cold comfort foods are making their way back into the menu. It was when I was planning ahead for the week that I realized I did not have a recipe for mousse in this space. The light and airy foamy dessert is perfect for a hot summer day.


I had some crushed pineapple in the refrigerator so I decided to puree it and made pineapple mousse. I used agar agar to thicken it and heavy whipping cream as the base. Since the pineapple was not sweetened I used a little sugar. The end result for so light and creamy! I liked the mildly sweet taste. My daughter on the other hand said she would have preferred chocolate mousse.

You will need
3 cups crushed pineapple in juice or cubed pineapple
3/4 cup cream (I used heavy whipping cream)
2 tbsp. sugar (adjust to taste)
1/2 cup water
2 tsp. agar agar

Puree the pineapple chunks and keep aside. Heat the water and add agar agar. Stir to dissolve and turn off heat. In a separate bowl whip the cream and sugar until fluffy. It should visible double in size. Add the fruit puree and agar agar. Blend together. Do not allow the aerated cream to deflate. Transfer to single serving bowls and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.


Enjoy!



Sending this to the Kid's Delight event hosted this month by Mireille who blogs at Chef Mireille's East West Realm.



This is my entry for week one, day one of BM #52 for the theme Creamy Foods. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#52.

Comments

  1. Pineapple mousse looks absolutely divine, droolworthy dessert..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinapple mousse looks yummy. Comfort dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never made a mousse with pineapple..looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pineapple mousse looks nice and creamy though even I would agree on chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids are unpredictable :-)
    Pineapple mousse looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool and creamy mousse, great dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! looks very silky and sinful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a creamy looking mousse! I like this any day over the chocolate one :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.