Chole Chaat

I cook with Garbanzo beans very often. I use it in all kinds of sides and salads as it has a high protein content. But my husband and I like it best in salads. Today I am posting a recipe for Chole Chaat. Mix the cooked garbanzo beans with a little onion, tomato and basic spices and you have a tangy delicious protein rich snack.


Two months back I was in the mood for chaat. I made several recipes over a couple of weeks and will post them one by one. We don't like food too spicy and I use chili peppers sparingly. If you like the chaat mild then this is the recipe for you.

You will neede
1 cup dry garbanzo beans
1/2 onion
1 tomato
1 tsp shredded ginger
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt and pepper to taste

Soak the beans overnight. The next day pressure cook the beans until cooked. I let the pressure built up in the cooker, place the whistle and let it cook for 10 minutes on medium high heat. Then turn off the heat and let it cool and release the pressure. Let the beans cool.


Meanwhile dice the onion and tomato. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Never get bored of chickpeas. And this chat makes me drool. Absolutely nutritious and very pleasing chole chaat.Inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a delicious chat with chole. I love it so much and I used to make a chat similar to this often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the neat and crisp presentation, Varada. This is my go-to formula for an instant snack if I have boiled chana on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and delicious. Chickpea snacks are always a great hit. Love those cute bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious we can adjust the spice levels. And the bowls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this chole chat always...A perfect light and munchy salad.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, delicious and healthy. A great way to enjoy chana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love chickpea too and include it somehow in our weekly menu, having it as a salad is the best form! We make our south indian style sundals, which we all love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I end up making chole with garbanzo beans most of the time...this looks like a lovely snack to use it up. Also, such cute containers....makes it look so much more tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. simple yet delightful! love that u dont have to spend time making the dressing and stuff.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one protein packed and delicious chat to enjoy anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A bowl full of protein goodness. I love the way you have used the flavourful spices to enhance the overall taste

    ReplyDelete
  13. full of protein and taste, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.