Skewered Spicy Pepper with Paneer

A few months back I went to visit my father. While there we experimented with skewered vegetables and paneer in his air fryer. It struck me that I had not made this at home in a long time. Once I got home I made some for the whole family.


My daughter is in college now and food is always a problem there. I thought this would be something she could make for herself in her apartment.


We love colored bell pepper so that is the main vegetable I used. Some red onion and paneer. Served on skewers with its own bowl of chutney makes a great appetizer for a party. It can be a side during dinner or a light dinner by itself.

You will need
wooden or metal skewers
8 oz paneer cut into thick cubes (fresh made or store bought)
1 red bell pepper, cut in large cubes
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large cubes
1/2 onion, cut into large cubes
1/2 cup yogurt
salt to taste

For the spice mixture
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. coriander seeds
1 tsp. fennel seeds
1/2 tsp black pepper corns
1/2 stick cinnamon
2 pods cardamom shelled
1-2 dried red chili pepper

Green Chutney

Roast all the spices on medium heat for a about 3-5 minutes or until you can smell the spicy fragrance. Turn off heat and let the spices cool. Dry grind in a coffee grinder to a powder.


Add the yogurt and mix it all together with salt to taste.


Put all the chopped vegetables in a bowl.


Mix in the yogurt and leave aside covered for about 15-30 minutes, longer if desired.


The yogurt will be absorbed by the vegetables and paneer.


Preheat the oven to 400 F. If using wooden skewers in a pan of water soak the skewers for about 10 minutes so they don't burn in the oven. Load the paneer and vegetables on the skewers and place on a baking tray.


Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Broil for the last couple minutes.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I love this kind of roasted veggies. Grilling them in oven makes it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one paneer which all youngsters can make , very well made . Even my niece makes it for us , super one Varada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant ask anything more, who can resist to this fabulous skewers. My mouth is just watering here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a tempting dish! I love the combination of paneer with bell peppers, I would love these tikkas too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make this at least once a month and all of us enjoy it..so nicely done and making it in Air fryer sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paneer skewers looks fantastic. With those green chutney, it would be awesome. Perfectly made ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The spice mixture sounds very flavorful, Varada. We usually grill during the summer months and I am going to try it this season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome and the way you have incorporated paneer along with the vegetables. It must have taste awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paneer skewers look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a colorful and inviting paneer and veggie skewers these are. Love the idea of serving them with their own chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my kids favorite snack.The whole thing looks so inviting Varada.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.