This dish would work very well with rice or roti all by itself.
Recipe adapted from here
You will need
1 cup dry or 1 can white beans (I used great northern beans)
1/2 cup onions, diced
1 tbsp. butter (salted or unsalted)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. red pepper paste
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. red chili pepper flakes (I used paprika)
salt to taste
If using dry beans soak in water overnight and pressure cook for 10 minutes the next day. I used canned beans. If using canned drain out all the juice and use the beans.
Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add the onion and saute until tender and translucent. Add the red pepper, tomato paste and the beans. Cook until combined.
Add 1/2 a cup of water and bring to a boil.
Let it simmer on medium low for 15 minutes.
Turn off heat.
Yup, it can be served with either bread, rice or roti.
ReplyDeleteWe love these beans..but I like them with a toast.
ReplyDeletenice and simple...would fly at my home
ReplyDeletetthis would be great over rice
ReplyDeleteNice to have this with Roti.My kids will love this one!
ReplyDelete